Welcome to the best ever guide on Kodi Download App Aka XBMC. We have discussed how to get its APK for Android, iOS(iPhone) & PC making one place for the Movie Lovers. This article is on the great app named Kodi App and we are going to discuss its features and download procedure for all our readers who want to have the app on their Mobile and PC devices.
The Kodi App, formerly known as XBMC is a media player app that can be plugged onto your devices and streams different media through the internet to serve the purpose. We have discussed Kodi App Download for Android devices, iOS (iPhone) devices, and PC (Windows) in this article.
So if you wish to get the app on your Android or iOS or PC devices, follow this article for the right information and easy guide.
There are maximum Android users in the world as of today, so the app was first made compatible and in light of the Android OS. The demand and competition for all entertainment service providers are at its peak with the emergence of many apps.
Download Kodi for Mac
The Kodi developer’s team first promoted the Kodi App for Mac OS X in 2008. At that time the app was still named XBMC till it was renamed as Kodi in 2014. Since its launch, Kodi App has been an open source app and that’s why the development team allows different C/C++ developers to participate in this project.
So, the only requirement of the Kodi download app for Mac OS systems is that; Kodi V15 or Kodi V16 requires Mac OS X 10.7 (or any version later). Kodi download App will work just fine if your Mac OS X is above the given range.
Here are the steps for our readers to follow to download the Kodi App for Mac OS devices:
- Initially, on your Mac device, download the .dmg file of the Kodi app. Click on this link to begin the download:
Kodi App Download for Mac
- Double click on the dmg file to extract the app’s disk image.
- Next, you will see a symbol like a disk drive on your Mac device screen.
- Open the extracted disk image of the Kodi App.
- Click the image and hold it, then drag the file to the Applications folder shown on the screen.
- Now, right-click on the disk drive image of the Kodi App and select “Eject” option.
- Finally, the Kodi App will be stored on your Application menu of your Mac device.
- You may want to use the Config Wizard and the Addon installer to allow the configuration of your Kodi setup.
Note: If your “Applications ” folder is not opening then click on the small apple’s icon, followed by “System preference” option. Then go to “Privacy and security” and unlock the lock at the left corner of the screen. Select the “Anywhere” option in the title of “Allow apps downloaded from:” option.
This way, you will be able to configure your Mac device correctly. These are the simplest steps that can guide our readers to the Kodi App download for your Mac device.
How to use Kodi App
Kodi allows the user to stream different content from the internet as well as from your storage device. So here is some information on how you can use the Kodi download App for both of these purposes. Since you can view video or play audio files we have divided our section in that way accordingly.
When you install the Kodi App on your device you will see a blue background screen with few options on its home screen. Remember that the Kodi App is like a personal browser to search for your desired media content through the network and through the device system itself.
Follow the steps here according to the type of use you wish to make with the Kodi download App:
- How can we use Kodi App for Watching Videos:
- When the user clicks on “video” option, two more options will prompt up.
- For videos that are already saved on your device storage,select “Files” option.
- The advanced and inbuilt browser of Kodi App will search for the video files in your device storage.
- If you cannot find your desired video file through the app then we suggest that you change the location of the original video file in the device.
- Adding video sources is same as adding a music source file. Scroll down from the folder where you have saved the file and save the name as a source.
- If you wish to search for videos from the internet then select “Video Addons” option and then “get more” option. The next page will show you the extended search page for your videos search.
- After searching for the suitable one, simply click on it and select “install”
- When the video plays, you can navigate options like pause, next, fast forward, reverse, mute, etc.
- How can we use Kodi App for playing Music files:
- This option is also similar to using the Kodi App for video.
- On the main page, select “music” as the desired option.
- There you will get two options namely “Own tracks” or “Select Music”.
- From here, you will be able to locate the music files easily similarly to the video file search.
- You can add the source of music if you already have a folder with music files in it.
- With the appropriate Addon, you can also download the music files from the internet and play them on the Kodi App.
Now you can see that playing the music and video files from the Kodi download App is so easy. Download the app for your device and enjoy the entertainment before others.
Kodi on Chromecast Guide
The Chromecast product offers many media players, which can be used to stream audio/video content. These players appear like the dongles, and they have been developed by the Google team.
The devices display content, in the presence of some network in the form of WiFi or any local network. The facility to stream content on the Chromecast via the iOS devices is not yet available.
We will explain the methods in which you can get the contents on the Kodi device, by making use of Android platform. The methods is lengthy yet effective. And we will also check out one method using PC too.
You can follow this long method to start streaming content on Kodi using the Chromecast with the help of Android device. The process goes like this,
- You need to download some apps, before starting with the streaming. They are ES File Explorer, LocalCast, Kodi App, and PlayerFactoryCore. Therefore the first step remains to download all these necessary utilities to get started with the setup.
- After the downloading process ends, start the ES File Explorer application. Then click on the Settings choice within the application, and later select the Display Settings. Within this, make sure the option to show hidden files is checked.
- The next task is to ensure that the app is connected with the Kodi media center.
- If you are done with all the above steps, then go to the ES File Explorer app, and click on the Downloads folder.
- You will find the XML file that you downloaded in the first step. If you fail to find the file, check the folders were the downloaded items are usually saved.
- Then copy the XML file and move to the location Android then choose Data. At this location, check out for the option named as org.xbmc.kodi or org.xbmc.xbmc. After you have got the option, click on this option.
- Now you have to click on the Files tab displayed here and then click on the .kodi or .xbmc file whichever file extension you have got. Then you have to click on the userdata option. Finally, paste the XML file at this location.
- Now start the Kodi application, and then choose the video that you wish to watch.
- The app LocalCast will be launched here, even though Android device will ask you on which app to be initiated for the further process.
- After this, you will be asked to press the Play button, and the other option will be asking regarding the platform you wish to run the file.
- You need to click on the Play button one more time, and finally, the content will be played on the Chromecast which is connected to the TV.
So this is an efficient way, but a lengthy one as mentioned before. Now we will check out the shortest way of getting content displayed for Kodi on Chromecast.
About Kodi Download Aka XBMC
The Kodi App also known as XBMC is a multimedia player. The app is developed by the XBMC company. The application is compatible with varies OS systems and so has a huge demand in the entertainment sector of app’s market.
The app integrates with the TV and its functions can be controlled by the remote. Through the app, users can play video, music and podcasts files through the internet and the storage devices connected to it. The Kodi download serves in contrast to the Windows Media Player on the PC devices. There are many feasible features on the Kodi App Player that we will discuss later in the next section.
The app was developed as a single media app named Xbox Media Center (XBMC). The app has various famous resources from which it presents the media, these include; Rhapsody, Pandora Internet Radio, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Youtube, Spotify,..and many others. The upgrade versions contain PVR, EPG (Electronic Program Guide), and HD video recording using DVR support.
The core coding is done in C++ language so as to make it open source and compatible with all cross-platform OS devices. So, thanks to the open source license, many distributors can now operate the app through the third party app stores and make the app popular.
Features of Kodi Download App
After understanding the basics of the Kodi App, we are sure that you must be eager to know more about this app’s functionality. In this section of the article, we will discuss the features of the Kodi Download App on your desired device to make you more familiar with the app.
Here is a list of features for you:
- The Kodi download App plays all music file formats. These will include; WMA, WAV, Mp3, AAC, etc.
- The app is integrated with MuzicBrains add-on which provides the users full access to control the playlists of the media player. This way they can effectively manage the music files in it.
- It supports different formats for visuals also. All videos can be played with formats like; 3GP, mp4, AVI, MKV, Vob, etc.
- The app provides a large range of video and movie files through its network.
- Easy download of the videos or music is possible with the Kodi download App.
- For users who do not want to download the media files can directly stream the content over the internet using the Kodi App Player.
- Further, the app comes with built-in Television library guide which displays all the episodes of the most successful series. Users can see the details of star casts, directors, and production house beside the program’s image.
- The Kodi App supports numerous amount of Add-ons for the users to take full advantage of the app.
- The Graphical User Interface can be easily customized using the easy settings changes. The user can alter the themes, skins and video player visuals as per their choice.
- The user interface is slick and easily manageable by any newbie too.
- Some users do not always want to surf the internet for the media especially if they have a good collection already on their device. So, the Kodi App also allows its users to access media files from the device and play it through the app’s player.
- Using the Chromecast support, Kodi download app can be used to transfer your media content to your TV sets for a better experience. The bigger screens will enhance the effect of the media be it audio or video.
- Another additional feature is that the users can download the streaming media content directly on their device. This helps record live matches, programs, or events.
- The developer’s team has also been working on a games manager to integrate with the device and app. This add-on will emerge with their 15th version.
So, here we have covered most of the features of the Kodi download App. We are confident that you must be really excited to get this app on your devices by now. So we will quickly go through the steps for the respective devices in their respective sections.
In conclusion to the article on Kodi Download App APK for Android, iOS(iPhone) & PC | XBMC, we would like to thank our readers for viewing this article and we shall be back with more updated info soon. Till then, if you have any query or wish to send your feedback then write to us at Kodi App.