You are about to read this exclusive article on Kodi APK Download for Android here. We have written this article specially for our readers who are Android users to get the Kodi App on their devices. Kodi App for Android is an app which is a media player for your device.
Kodi App was formerly known as XBMC (Xbox Media Center) when launched in 2002. It has been ever since evolving with different updates over the past years. We will discuss the features of this app too for you to understand it better.
If you wish to get the Kodi APK download for your Android devices then keep reading this article.
Kodi APK for Android
All smartphone users must be realizing the fact that Android OS platform is the most flexible of all. It also holds the highest fraction of users to date. This makes the demand for versatile apps for the Android user’s devices. Well, one such app is the Kodi App that reforms the entertainment section for the Android users.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps for the Kodi APK download and installation process. We will also provide you the Kodi APK file itself.
But first, you need to cross check the system requirements of the Kodi APK with your Android device. Here are the compatibility points for you;
- It requires Android 4.2 and higher version
- RAM above 512MB
- Free disk space to be above 120MB for lag free performance.
With these requirements under control, you should be ready for the download process. Follow the steps given here carefully to download and install the Kodi APK file successfully on your Android device;
- Firstly, you need to configure your device for the Kodi APK file.
- Go to your device “settings” and then to “Application settings” options.
- Look for the option named “Unknown Sources” there.
- Tick mark the check box besides the option and exit the settings menu.
- Now, click on this link to download the Kodi APK file for Android devices.
Download Kodi APK for Android
- The file will download automatically on your device.
- After the download is complete, click on the Kodi APK file and run its setup.
- Click on the “Install” button to initiate the installation process.
- After completion of the Installation process, click “open” or “finish” as per your preference.
With this, the Kodi APK download and installation process will successfully be over. This method is a manual way of completing the installation but we also have another alternative method for the Android users to get the Kodi App on their devices. We will discuss the other method in the following section of the article.
Kodi App for Android – using Google Play Store
This method is actually quite easy, short, and reliable than the above method. Fortunately, the Kodi App is available in the Google Play Store for the Android users to download. We will guide our readers through the process in detail so that they do not stray away from the procedure and get it completely wrong.
To start with, we need to tell you that the system requirements for this method also is the same as the above method. All you need to take care of is that you must have to update your Play Store to get the latest version of apps from it. Now follow these steps to get the Kodi App download from the Play Store;
- Firstly, you need to launch the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- The App store will ask you to enter your Google Account credentials and link it with the app store.
- This is a mandatory step to use the services of the App store. If you do not have one then create a Gmail account and then proceed.
- Next, when the app store loads, type “Kodi App” in the search bar and look up for it.
- Several results will be displayed on the screen and you will have to select the appropriate version.
- To help our readers, we have provided the link here to the Google Play Store page of the Kodi App download.
Download Kodi App from Google Play Store
- When you reach the page, select the “Install” tab and authorize the app store to install the app on your device.
- The process will initiate and you need to wait for the complete process to end successfully.
- Lastly, you will select “open” or “finish” as per your choice.
Here you have learned another method to download the Kodi App for your device. Now you have two methods to choose from and get the app. We hope you will start either of the processes instantly, after reading them to not miss all the great fun.
Features of Kodi App
The app as said, is a multimedia player. The app plays all kinds of media files, in supporting formats, from the web and the device memory. The coding of the Kodi APK is done is C++ language so it makes the app an open source app. In this article, we will first discuss its features with our readers.
Here is a list of some key features of the Kodi App for our readers;
- The app is a music and video playing app which supports many popular media formats. It can play Wav, mp3, Wma, etc for music and 3gp, mp4, Avi, Vob and many more for video files.
- The user has access to control the playlist according to his/her choice. This way he/she can manage their media files properly.
- User-friendly interface and slick design integration to support the users.
- The app provides a vast range of music and video files through its web support.
- Its users can watch movies and short clips without buffering. Though the internet speed must be decent to avoid any lags in the playback.
- Users can stream the content through the web directly without the need to download the files.
- The app comes with inbuilt Television library guide that displays the list of the episodes of the most successful series. Users can view the details of star casts, directors, and production house beside every program’s image.
- The app supports various add-ons that help the app perform better and provide more services through the app.
- Furthermore, media files and content can be transferred to the TV screens using Chromecast support. The app is compatible with Chromecast and will display clear and ubiquitous visuals and audio on the TV screens.
- Additionally, all users can download any content through the web if they wish using the ‘download’ tab icon.
So these were some of the features that describe the Kodi App. We are confident that most users are now ready and even more eager to know the download procedure. We will not keep anyone waiting and quickly we’ll move to the Kodi APK download procedure for the Android devices.
Finally, we would like to conclude this article on Kodi APK Download for Android here. We hope the information provided in this article was helpful to most of our readers. In case someone has any query then please feel free to send it to us. You can write to us at Kodi App. Thank you.